Thursday, March 8, 2007

STUDIO FRIDAY: Fragile


The minute I read about this I knew I wanted to participate. Then I looked at the topic for this week and I knew exactly what was the most fragile thing in my studio.

I found this pair of photos at a flea market in France, I don't remember what I paid for them but I remember it felt like a lot. They are not literally the most fragile things in my studio but they are my favorite and my most dear, that makes them fragile to me. I don't know why and I can't explain it but I feel like I know this woman, I feel like her and I would have been good friends.

Not only are these fragile to me but I think the woman in the photos gives off a fragile vibe but at the same time a very strong and independent vibe. I think that is why I like them so much. In the photo with her eyes open she is just that; facing the world with her eyes wide open. Boldly and bravely. Then in the photo with her eyes closed she looks like she's listening to her inner voice, refilling her well and getting ready for the next thing she'll have to face. These photos give me courage and remind me to be myself and listen to my heart. Facing the world with eyes wide open and listening to my gut.

No comments: