Sunday, March 2, 2008

week 29

mick likes my belly


gretta does too


blurry, I know


We started a new project this week!
We have a two bedroom house and currently one of the bedrooms is my studio, a small room, out of which I do everything. Or at least try to but inevitably I spill out into the kitchen and the living room and the bedroom... Well, we also have an old 2 car garage out back that we have been using for storage. We are going to turn that garage into a finished studio for me and my old studio will become little baby Ray's room!
So this weekend we moved everything out of the garage and into storage, we stripped the whole thing bare, and went window shopping (literally).
Next step will be to frame in the front and cut out some windows.
I'm so excited, I keep dreaming about what it is going to be like to have a place to 1. keep everything of mine and 2. a single place where I can accomplish everything, from making a necklace start to finish, to packing and shipping etsy orders. I will be so productive. And at the end of the day when I'm done, I can shut the door and walk away.
Ahhh..

the new studio


the old garage


xo

p.s. thanks to everyone who read my blog last week. I had 98 hits in one day!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Im a recent reader and really enjoy reading & seeing your progress! It's an exciting time. I am only 16 weeks, so I love watching your progress before I get there!

You have been tagged, if you are into that thing. It's not my favorite thing in the world, but check out by blog if interested.