Thursday, September 6, 2007

there are those who understand

Good morning my magnificent eight.
I've started keeping a notebook by the bed so that I can write down my ideas as I get them (which is always as I fall asleep). It's great except now I never fall asleep. It takes me an extra 2 hours at least to doze off.
I get all comfy and drowsy and then BAM I roll over scribble something and hope I can read it in the morning.
Here's proof.




last night I fell asleep thinking about these 'ready to alter' books I'm making. They are so cool. I couldn't stop thinking about different types of paper to put in them and where to try and sell them and who I should give one to...





They're full of all sorts of different papers and images and photographs and dividers and pockets and more!
I might keep 'Tupelo Honey' for myself... I've always loved that title.

My darling husband lovingly called me scatterbrained yesterday.
I took it as a compliment.
We were discussing the magical lampshade machine. (I went and looked at it yesterday and saw how it works and all the lovely pieces that come with it. It is a very good price for what all it includes.) And he was just saying that I seem to have a short attention span for my art projects. I come up with an idea and make that 'thing' until I'm sick of it or until I get a new idea and then I move on. (What can I say, that works for me.)
But a magic lampshade machine requires a large space and lots of attention and large supplies. I'd hate to be sick of it in a month...
I'm having a hard time deciding (I think because it costs a good chunk of change) It seems like it is the sort of thing you just have to plug your nose and jump right in. But maybe I should go buy a couple pre-made lampshades or a lamphshade kit and try it out first. That's just so boring and anti-climactic.

xo

No comments: