Thursday, December 6, 2007

ginger sparkle cookies, you're my new best friend

There is a coffee shop here in my town called Cafe Ardour. They have the most delicious home brewed chai tea and last time I was there I bought their last ginger sparkle cookie. These cookies are delicious! They bake all of their goodies and when you order a bagel with cream cheese it comes perfectly toasted with butter and cream cheese.
I can't justify driving there every morning so I bought my own chai tea, and this morning I tried my hand at my own ginger sparkle cookies. Neither are the same, but a close substitute until I drive back into town.



This recipe makes a ton of cookies, so unless you want to share with the whole neighborhood (hey, why not?) you should 1/2 it.

Ginger Sparkle Cookies
1 1/2 C Butter
2 C Sugar
2 Eggs
1 C Molasses
1 t Vanilla

4 1/2 C Flour
4 t Baking soda
2 t Baking powder
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t cloves
1 t ginger

1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer - add other wet ingredients and mix.
2. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. The dough should be easy to handle and not sticky - add flour if necessary. The dough should not be dry.
3. Shape dough into one inch balls and roll in sugar.
4. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet @ 350 degrees for 10 minutes - Cool and enjoy!


xo

1 comment:

marta said...

ooh, i love ginger cookies. thanks for the recipe. i adore your etsy necklaces and did a li'l ditty for them on my blog. check it out.