Friday, December 21, 2007

cookies have a delayed reaction

I'm getting closer to cracking the cookie code. Maybe fresh baked cookies give you momentary pause, allowing you to rethink your problems and then they trick you. By seemingly disapearing with the last bite your left to wonder "was that really all?" "Well, that didn't help at all." When really your mind is now distracted by the fact that the magic cookie didn't work therefor freeing up subconcious brainpower to work out your problems without your interference.
It's true, it happened to me.
I am walking proof of the power of fresh baked cookies.

In retrospect, it's really quite simple.
99% of all of my problems can be solved by simply changing my attitude.

So what if the dogs are hell bent on escaping the yard every single day now. Just think of how happy they are to see me when I get home and can let them back into the yard and think about how fast and free they run when tearing down the road away from the house. I wish I could run like that.

Who cares if I don't have 15 gifts for everyone. A sincere "I love you" or "you are special to me" will do just fine.

Pish Posh, so I don't have hardly any of my hard earned money left to show for all the craft fairs I worked and custom pendants I made. I paid all the bills and still managed to get myself new art supplies and a couple of treats (new boots, new clothes).

It's really no big deal if the last 6 pendants I've made, have had to be redone twice if not thrice. (ok, this one does suck. But I have a new theory about this and now I have the time to test it).

Really, the only thing that matters today is that I am wearing my new cute skirt from pacha play, I have all day to work on Christmas doings, and it looks like it is going to snow.

When life gets overwhelming and you feel a little claustrophobic, just remember to breathe.

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Yes! It's true. Remember to breathe, be kind to yourself, and of course, put the cookies on a high shelf!