Sunday, December 2, 2007

Handmade = Made With Love

Good Evening All!
I hope this first weekend of december has treated you all well. I don't know what my deal is lately, but I am so excited for Christmas this year. Not for the gifts or even all of the candy (ok maybe I'm a little excited about the candy) but just the season makes me happy this year. We got our tree yesterday and I finished decorating it today. I think, quite possibly, it is the cutest tree I have ever seen. Those of you who know me, know that I have a penchant for 'charlie brown' trees, and this one does not disappoint!



I'm also really excited to try and make this a handmade holiday. I'd love to be able to make everyone their gifts or at least buy them from local craft fairs or Etsy.com for that matter. Speaking of craft fairs, here's a rundown of the shows I will be at. Come see me if you're in town!

Friday December 7th and 8th
Fine & Funky Holiday Craft Fair
Inside the Opera Galleria in downtown Fort Collins

Saturday December 15th
Freeze! Fashion Denver's Holiday Market
Located at the Hot House on Larimer in Denver

Saturday the 22nd and Sunday the 23rd
The Bellvue Store, right around the corner in Beautiful Bellvue

Back to my point.
I watched the Grinch the other day and I really love that movie. I'll leave you with this:

And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow, Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?" "It came with out ribbons! It came without tags!" "It came without packages, boxes or bags!" And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store." "Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

xo

No comments: