Wednesday, May 28, 2008

outta my hands

I keep trying to remind myself of a story I read the night before coming to the hospital. 
In it, the woman was induced for a long period of time with relatively no progress. She tried everything she could think of and eventually had a c-section. After it was all said and done she found out that her baby's head had been in the arched back position and that the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck three times. If the baby had entered the birth canal there would have been some serious problems.

There is a reason for all of this. 

xo

umm... maybe someone could text me and let me know what it is ;) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most likely Ray has his own clock, and as much as we all want him to be on "our" clock, he hasn't decided that he quite agrees with it just yet. How many more times will he have the chance in his early years to say "no" and really be able to do anything about it?! He probably knows, it's about 0. So try to go with the flow, like you are so very good at, and try not to get snagged on some hour, or minute, hand. He, and you, are in good hands, and have a huge number of people, and dogs, rooting for you. Thanks for letting all of us "in" on this very important piece of your life.

Jenny said...

Whitney ~ I am thinking of you today! Soon, you are going to have a sweet baby in your arms. I have been in your shoes (hospital bed) and it's so hard to wait.

No matter how it ends up happening, the first moment you hear his cry, nothing else will matter. All of the hard work (and waiting) of getting him here will be worth it and from that moment on you'll be able to concentrate on just being with him!

I can't wait to see pictures of him. Try to relax and enjoy the process. It is a beautiful day and you're about to meet the most beautiful person in your life!

mimulus said...

o my goodness whitney! I feel so privledged you sent me such a rad garden swap only days before giving birth! wow! well, I am happy to say I used to garden with my son (who is now 9) in a snuggly and then in a backpack. I really feel I must send you some little thing...
best of luck!