Wednesday, May 28, 2008

week 41




Well, here I sit.
Waiting in the hospital.

We came in yesterday at about 3pm to induce labor. I was on "the juice" until 11pm with no huge changes. We spent the night here and I actually slept pretty well. They started the pitocin again this morning at 5am and I was still able to fall back asleep for awhile. Here it is 10:30 and things are starting to pick up a little. Honestly, I have to say this is not how I imagined this would all go down. It's taken me awhile to accept that and it's still a little tough and discouraging at times. I think back on all the times I thought to myself "ooh, maybe I'll go into labor at ______ (fill in the blank)" I had no idea I'd have to make him come out.

All of the nurses say that according to his heart beat he is just the happiest baby ever. The hardest part for me has been struggling with the thought that something's wrong. I can't tell you how many times I've asked myself (and my husband) "why won't he come out?". I'm starting to see that it's not that he won't come out. There's a reason for all of this and I am just not aware of it. It'll all make perfect sense in retrospect. 

Until then, we've come up with a few possible answers:

1. He's a procrastinator. It's in his blood. There's no denying it, he comes from a long line of very talented time wasters.

2. I am just too good of a mom. Already, he is so comfortable and loved that he doesn't want to leave. 

3. He's afraid of embarrassing himself if he can't remember all of the dogs' names.

4. He doesn't like the sheets we picked out for his crib.

And last but certainly not least:
5. He has inherited his father's sense of direction. 

Luke has said himself that he "has the directional sense of a blind and deaf field mouse". I'm not sure how bad that actually is in real life, who knows maybe field mice are really good at directions, but I have seen first hand his navigational skills and I suspect that maybe Ray is just lost.  

xo

1 comment:

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

Hey lovely lady.

I wanted to wish ya the very best.

I had to induced as well. Then I actually had to have a c-section. So, totally not planned.

Everything was so different then what I had in mind but it turned out beautifully! Mia is lovely and I have your custom silhouette pendant to prove it:):)

Best wishes,
Rikkianne