Tuesday, May 20, 2008

takin' advice from the slowskys

You know those comcast commercials for high speed internet? Well, one stuck a cord with me today as I was driving home from my doctor's appt. At the end Mrs. Slowsky says in a wistful tone "There's nothing like a good long wait".
A teeny bit pathetic, I know, taking advice from a talking, commercial turtle but what'cha gonna do? 40 weeks and 3 days. 
They shouldn't give out due dates. They should tell you due months. The next baby we have, that's what I'm going to do; a due month. My doctor thinks he'll be here on Thursday in between 5 and 7 pm, Willy the plumber thinks Thursday as well, but around 10 pm and Charlotte the nurse is betting on Saturday. Me? I don't really care... Whenever he's good and ready. The funny thing is I don't believe he's "late", he's just inherited his father's (and my) wonderfully lax sense of time. 

"When's your baby due?"
"Oh, the seventeenth-ish" 

I love -ish. I actually live by -ish. 
Who needs deadlines and firmness anyway... 

xo

1 comment:

Jenny said...

He'll come when he's good and ready... It's so much easier to let him (and your body) decide when it's time instead of being pushed into it with pitocin! Good job being patient... any day now! :)