Tuesday, February 26, 2008

out to pasture

I think the baby is going through a growth spurt lately.
I feel like I am so hungry I could eat a horse.
I go to bed hungry, I wake up hungry. I eat and I eat.
The problem with all this (besides the fact that I keep running out of food in the house) is that there is no longer as much room in my torso as there used to be, so even though I'm hungry I feel full. Strange, no?

This whole pregnancy thing is full of contradictions.

One minute I'm wistfully smiling because Ray is gently kicking out a new beat and the next minute he jabs one foot in my rib and does a handstand on my bladder with a double backflip dismount, all of this leaving me feeling a little dizzy.

One minute I'm enjoying the most delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich ever known to man (who knew smashed nuts could be this good?) and the next minute I'm chugging milk and feeling like my esophagus is going to spontaneously burst into flames.

One minute I'm bending over to tie my shoe, giggling at how my new belly gets in the way and the next, I'm laying on the floor cursing the heavens as I try to stretch the spasm out of my lower back. (p.s. the modified pigeon pose is the best for this)

Still, I'd still say it's totally worth it. The good always seems to outweigh the annoying.

xo

1 comment:

molly said...

Found your blog while I was casually blog hopping. Love the humor around your pregnancy. I have two little guys of my own and can totally relate. enjoy the rest until your little babe arrives.
xo
molly
www.mollysfavoritethings.com
www.elmerboys.blogspot.com