Friday, February 1, 2008

wait, I'm having a baby?

One of my favorite things about my wednesday morning yoga class is that at the end of every class while we're sitting quietly relaxing, our teacher reminds us that we were born with all the tools and all of the strength we need to bring our little babies into this world. That all of this power just quietly waits inside us until called upon.

I love that. I find it very reassuring and very empowering.

Somedays I feel totally prepared for the actual birthing part of this whole adventure. I imagine myself being this strong and confident woman, totally prepared for what is happening.

And then other days I think to myself, 'oh my god, what have I gotten myself into and how on earth is this ever going to work'.

I really hope I'm having one of my superhero days when the baby finally decides to come...

xo

No comments: