Thursday, April 24, 2008

hee hee hee whooooo

So we went to our childbirth class last night and all and all it went good.
There wasn't much new information (I've read a lot of stuff) and all of the other couples in the class aren't due until June (felt a little like a major procrastinator), but there were a couple tips and just some general stuff about the hospital I didn't know. We watched the dreaded live vaginal birth video, but it wasn't as bad as I remember it being. Big difference between being pregnant and watching a baby's head crown and being 15 years old, sitting in health class with your friends...

Our teacher is one of the nurses at my doctor's office and a massage therapist and a doula, so like I said there were some good little tips. Like did you know that the scent of peppermint oil will relieve nausea? She also showed us some different pressure points to have our partner massage and we practiced "breathing through the pain" with a bag of ice on our arms.
The best part though was when my sweet, sweet husband surprised me and signed me up for a massage. She has a table that the belly part comes out of which means I GET TO LAY ON MY FRONT SIDE AGAIN!!
I'm very excited, if you couldn't tell...

Other than that, yoga was awesome yesterday. I went in feeling a little fragile (I had gotten myself pretty worked up the night before and I didn't sleep well) and I swear, my teacher is the greatest, she's a mind reader. We did the cleansing breath exercise that I love. You sit on the floor with your fingertips touching the ground next to you, like roots, and then you breath in through your heart center and imagine the breath traveling up your throat and into your forehead, on the exhale you imagine that breath washing over your forehead and down your shoulders and out your finger tips. It is such a great way to get rid of any residual "dirt" you've accumulated in your head. So we did that, followed by lots of yummy spine work and then we did a whole series of warrior poses. I left class feeling much better!

Saturday is 37 weeks.
Sweet baby Ray will finally be ripe!
So I guess he just has to decide what day he wants his birthday to be...

xo

No comments: