Tuesday, April 29, 2008

stu.. stu.. studio (a tribute to phil collins)

Update!
So we finished the texturing and painted the walls this weekend.
It. Is. So. Awesome.

Texture.



Paint.

We used a new, non-toxic, NO VOC paint from home depot and it is great! No smell at all and the coverage and colors available are really beautiful. I'm going to use some of the other colors around the house! This color is called "Ray of Hope" I thought that was appropriate. It's a lovely, yummy shade of yellow. I kept joking that I wanted to lick the walls, (my husband said I could...)

So, our dogs have a habit of getting messy whenever we let them in the studio while we are working.
When we were hanging the drywall Bob and Lucky would come in and eat the scraps off the floor and when the scraps were gone, they would lick the floor (don't worry, it's not harmful to them).
So, there we were painting the walls on Sunday morning and the dogs were out in the yard and would not stop barking so we let them in the studio.

Lucky promptly went and sat against the wall I had just finished painting.

Mick came over and leaned (he's a leaner) against a wet wall.

And Bob, my darling Bob. Walks right in and starts licking the walls. I am not kidding, I was laughing so hard. So then he comes over and sniffs the paint tray and takes a big slurp! We were hysterical! Then he licked his nose and got paint all over his nose... It was priceless.

Next on the agenda, baseboard, insulate the attic, finish the electrical and get our final inspection. We'll be moving stuff in this weekend!

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a few weeks, and had to comment because I too am a pregnant artist (29 weeks, illustrator) and I too am in the process of turning the garage into a studio. We also just finished drywall and mudding and are about to paint this weekend! It's just kind of a funny coincidence...