Thursday, August 23, 2007

balance

I feel slightly out of balance lately. Which to me is more unnerving than feeling completly out of balance. Because at least when things are really out of whack it is all together different, even new, but when things are just slightly out of tune, I constantly feel off kilter.
To describe it visually I would say I feel like I'm walking on a tightrope that is swaying under the pressure of my feet. The problem is that I don't know what is on either side. I don't know what is throwing me off balance.

I suppose I do have a lot of things going on right now. I'm starting and running three different businesses and I really don't know which one I want to give a lot of attention to.
I also feel a little suffoccated by all of the things we've acquired lately. We got so many wedding presents (all of which are wonderful, of course) but they make me feel a little uneasy. I'd like them to go to someone who really needs them. I know 'someday' I may need to use all the 24 wine glasses we own all at once. But for now, there are 2 of us. Two of us a a few friends (most of whom drink beer anyway). I don't know, I feel very thankful for all of the kind gestures and I know this will only happen once in our lives (untill we have a baby) but it still throws me off balance.
Yep, I think it might be my physical life that's making my mind feel off balance.
Maybe it's time to purge.
xo

No comments: