Wednesday, August 15, 2007

from mustard to margarine

let us begin at the beginning.
When 'the real world' was in denver, I spied a lovely idea for painting the long lonely wall in my bedroom. The idea is to paint the entire wall one solid color and then with a shade of white paint on aspen tree silhouettes (if you will). Well... I was graciously given my pick of free paints the other day and I chose a lovely rich (but a little bit off) shade of yellow. I envisioned it being delicious. The perfect shade to compliment our brown bedding. So time marches on and this weekend I started to paint. It was bright, but our room is dark. It was bold but we could use a little punch. Then it hit me.
It was the exact shade of mustard.



My husband came into the room right as it dawned on me and I asked him if he'd like a hot dog.
Well... there wasn't enough paint to do the much needed second coat so I went to the store undecided if I should get a new color or not. I decided to let the mustard go and went with a more subtle creamy yellow.
This color went over much better and I started to paint my trees. I only have one partly finished so far, but I think I'll paint some more today.



While I'm at it, here are some pictures of my altered book / journal that I'm working on.






more later.
xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whit, this looks great, can't wait to see more.