Saturday, August 11, 2007

blog like you mean it - take two

Alright, so, I have been hugely inspired lately to make this blog thing a more regular part of my day. I just picked up Artful Blogging from work and I have to say I love the idea of meeting new people and connecting with other artists just by writing down my thoughts. (and mail art and swaps and collaborations...)

(On a side note, I stopped and thought about how many blogs there must be out there today and It's amazing to me that that many people have something to say and that they want to share with others! What a hopeful idea ~ that there are millions of people out there wanting to share.)

Back to my point. I have also been lucky enough to meet a few 'famous' artists (these people are in books!) And I think they are all wonderful. Down to earth and real people. Key word: real.

I could do that.
Right?
Be in books, maybe even write one someday...

Anywho, I'm really excited about my new business idea. I'm going to design really cool wedding invitations and other related paper goods. I like making jewelry, don't get me wrong, but I have a soft spot for graphic design.

I've had to work a lot this week so hopefully next week I can get started. Also, I'll post some pics of my new altered book I'm working on.

have a fantastic weekend
xo

No comments: