Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mondo Beyondo - Part One

(copied from the Superhero Journal blog)

1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007?
(What did you create? What challenges did you face with courage and strength? What promises did you keep to yourself? What brave choices did you make? What are you proud of?)

2. What is there to grieve about 2007?
(What was disappointing? What was scary? What was hard? What can you forgive yourself for?)

3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?

Question #1
I want to acknowledge the fact that 2006/2007 was a year of change and of growth.
I ended a six year relationship with my ex-fiance because I finally had the courage to admit to myself that I deserved better. I knew it was not what I wanted and I had the courage to change even when it was very difficult. I'm proud to say that I listened to my gut feelings and didn't waiver when it came to getting what I wanted. I am proud of the fact that I moved out on my own, in my own place, without a job or any sense of security and I survived just fine.
I am extremely proud of the fact that I faced my fears and reached out and apologized to someone that I should have made peace with long ago. I finally forgave myself for the way I had treated this person in the past.
I am proud of myself for recognizing true love when it knocked on my door and not being afraid to follow my heart completely, albeit abruptly. I planned a wedding and got married (two completely different and separate tasks) The wedding was a huge success; perfect in every sense of the word and getting married was the best moment of my life. In May, I lost our first baby and I am proud of myself for dealing with this blow fully and unashamedly. Now I am proudly pregnant again.
I started 3 different businesses on Etsy.com and I am happy to report that they are all three profitable. I expanded and evolved my jewelry business to better suite my creative needs and it is more prosperous than I imagined it would be.

Question #2
I grieve the loss of my grandfather who died unexpectedly and before our wedding. I only hope he can see how happy I am. I also grieve the loss of our first baby. I forgive myself for being so hard and demanding when I should have shown myself some understanding and compassion. I forgive myself for breaking someone else's heart. I forgive myself for feeling like I let old friends down.

Question #3
I am grateful for the old friends I have found and their unconditional love. I am grateful for my dogs, all five of them who bring me endless amounts of joy and laughter. I am grateful for this house that my husband built and the fact that I can call it my home. I am grateful for the sunshine and the snow. For the rain and the grass. I am eternally grateful for my new life.

Last year, I bid you adieu.
Thank you for teaching me and for letting me learn.
Fondly,
Whitney


Your turn.
xo

No comments: